We utilize an exhaustive list of sustainable building processes and products throughout the creation of a SEED home.
- Wide variations of home size and style, allowing us to cater to specific needs and desires
- Passive Solar design, reducing the load on heating and cooling systems
- Integrated approach to ensure a high-quality build from foundation to final inspection
- Heavy insulation and an air-tight building envelope to maximize energy-efficiency
- FSC certified and reclaimed wood and lumber
- Spacious, high performance kitchens with energy star appliances and top-quality finishes
- Rainwater harvesting and efficient water heating (solar or tankless)
- Radiant heating and cooling
- Natural light penetration through smart design and reflective solar tubes
- Energy-efficient lighting and appliances
- Beautiful landscaping using native species
- User-friendly programmable thermostats and real-time energy monitoring
- Zoned heating and cooling to only regulate temperature where necessary
- No-VOC paints, non-toxic adhesives and focus on healthy indoor air quality
- Active solar panel rough-in and/or installation (where applicable)
- Geothermal energy (where applicable)
- Residential wind power (where applicable)
- Recycling/donating the majority of construction waste
- Responsible office practices, minimizing energy use and waste
- Operating natural gas vehicles to reduce harmful emissions
- Participation in the LEED for Homes performance program
- Active member of USGBC-National Capital Region chapter
Green homes cost less!
We search for those customers who are passionate about protecting our planet but eager to move into a beautiful custom home. Call us, let's innovate together.
There are many ways to go about building a sustainable, energy-efficient designed home, and because of that prices vary based on size, site, material selections and design. Our prices start at $99/square foot.
We will work together to design and build your dream home for a good price, without compromising quality.
SEED homes are often less expensive than a similarly sized home in the same area built by a traditional home builder. A SEED home becomes an even better deal when considering tax incentives and energy savings over time.